Sade Pratt, Senior, defender, #22
Courtesy MD. Athletics
Collegiate Stats: Goals: 1
High School: Rosemount (MN)
Hometown: Gaithersburg, MD
How'd She Get to College Park?
Shade (pronounced Sha-day) Pratt came to Maryland from Minnesota where she was a four year letter winner for Rosemount High School. In three of her four years she led the team in goals and was twice named all-state. She chose Maryland over Wisconsin, Iowa, and Denver.
"Oh Happy Sha-day" (courtesy of Todd)
Played all 95 minutes in Maryland’s 2-1 overtime win at Clemson (9/12/2013).
Solidifies a defense that leads the B1G in shutout wins.
Pratt, who is among the fastest players on the squad, is now the elder statesman of the Terrapins’ back line. One of only three seniors on the squad, she will need to be a settling presence as one of Maryland’s starting center backs.
Ten questions we asked her:
1) Other than teammates and coaches the best thing about being at Maryland is: Maryland Pride
2) The workout or drill I love to do is: Stadium stairs
3) My favorite pregame meal is: Sardi's
4) My pregame ritual or superstition is: I say a prayer then kiss my fingers and tap both my cleats when I step on the field.
5) The best or most meaningful on field moment I've ever had is: The threepeat against North Carolina
6) The best or most meaningful off field moment I've ever had is: Creating my own major and getting it approved.
7) Dog, Cat, or other: Other - a marmoset monkey (AKA finger monkey)
8) If not soccer, then: Track
9) I go to as many Maryland women's basketball games as I can.
10) If people know only one thing about me, I'd like it to be: I enjoy making people laugh.