Maryland has offered 2016 point guard Jermaine Haley, the son of the former NFL player. Haley is a Canadian prospect who will be playing at the Canarias Basketball Academy next season -- the same place the Terps landed Michal Cekovsky from. Haley holds offers from Louisville, Illinois, Memphis and UNLV, among others. You can watch highlight film here.
Maryland is unlikely to continue their recruitment of four-star Cushing Academy (Mass.) point guard Jalen Adams without assistant coach Scott Spinelli, his AAU coach told 247sports.
Four-star Shakar Heights (Ohio) power forward Esa Ahmad visited College Park this past weekend, and said the Terps will make the cut for him. He also visited West Virginia this week.
Just days after telling 247sports he's still listening to other schools, four-star Maryland commitment E.J. Donahue told Scout he is "100 percent committed." I would imagine that just means he is still committed to Maryland now, so keep holding your breath on this one, folks.
Four-star Damascus (Md.) wide receiver Jalen Christian, one of the top prospects in the state, committed to South Carolina.
- Four-star Dublin Scioto (Ohio) inside linebacker Nick Conner, who holds offers from Kentucky, Iowa, Oregon and Virginia Tech, among others.
- Manatee (Fla.) wide receiver Kelvin McKnight, who holds offers from FIU, Florida Atlantic and Troy.
- Raby (Ill.) defensive tackle Jamal Milan, who holds offers from Minnesota, Illinois and Syracuse, among others.
- Four-star IMG Academy (Fla.) quarterback Deondre Francois, who holds offers from Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Oregon, Tennessee, Auburn, Clemson and Michigan State.
- Three-star Prime Prep Academy (Texas) wide receiver James Proche, who holds offers from SMU, Arkansas State and Wake Forest. Proche plans on visiting College Park.
- Four-star Rancho Verde (Calif.) quarterback Sheriron Jones, who holds offers from Arizona, Florida, Arizona State, Nebraska and Tennessee, among others.
- Four-star Servite (Calif.) quarterback Travis Waller, who holds offers from Alabama, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Penn State, among others.
- Three-star Robinson (Fla.) wide receiver Jahrvis Davenport, who holds offers from Pittsburgh, Rutgers and Wake Forest, among others.
- Three-star Winton Woods (Ohio) offensive tackle Noah Listermann, who holds offers from Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kentucky and Virginia, among others.
- Three-star IMG Academy (Fla.) offensive tackle Mirko Jurkovic, who holds offers from Arkansas, Missouri, Purdue, South Carolina and Nebraska, among others.
- Three-star Gulliver Prep (Fla.) inside linebacker Dominic Sheppard, who holds offers from Miami, Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Tennessee, among others.
- Four-star Lakewood (Fla.) wide receiver Ryan Davis, who holds offers from Kentucky, Miami, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Michigan State, among others.
Of note -- going back to Wesley Annan and Micah Dew-Treadway earlier last week, that's three defensive linemen offered by Chad Wilt in Chicago. Fellow new assistant Keenan McCardell is also getting to work, with six Florida players receiving offers. With the recruiting process moving forward (and a good amount of local prospects pledging elsewhere), Maryland has started to expand their reach -- not a single prospect offered this week was from the area. That makes sense (there's a lot of talent in the DMV, but not as much depth), and Maryland could end up filling out their class with a large amount of solid three-star kids from states like Florida, Texas and Ohio.
Three-star Jacksonville running back Javarius Davis will reportedly make his decision within the next month, with Clemson, North Carolina, Maryland, Wisconsin and Louisville as his finalists. UNC has the lead in the Crystal Ball, but Keenan McCardell may be able to pull this one out.
Top local 2016 QB Dwayne Haskins picked up offers from Michigan and Tennessee and visited Rutgers.
Top local 2016 WR Trevon Diggs picked up offers from Florida and Tennessee.
Speaking of Haskins and Diggs, they both tweeted this weekend that they want to attend the same school, along with four-star Philadelphia WR Cameron Chambers, four-star Texas CB Jared Mayden, North Carolina running back Robert Washington, four-star D.C. OG Richard Merritt and four-star Maryland DE Shane Simmons. Take that with a big ol' grain of salt, as prospects say that all the time without it coming to fruition, but that would seem to bode best for Ohio State, Penn State and Maryland.
Three-star McDonogh (Md.) inside linebacker prospect Wyatt Cook has named a top three that includes the Terps, and says he plans on visiting.
Three-star Timber Creek (N.J.) cornerback Kareem Ali will visit Louisville, Maryland, Pittsburgh and West Virginia this June, as well as potential summer trips to Florida, Michigan State and North Carolina. The Gators and Tar Heels are rumored to be the top competitors against the Terps.
Maryland reportedly visited two-star Western Michigan commit Cash Conder, a wide receiver from Celina, Texas.
Three-star The Peddie School (N.J.) defensive tackle target David Ryslik tweeted he will be visiting Maryland this summer, along with Penn State, Syracuse, Rutgers and Georgia Tech.
Three-star Wilson (D.C.) outside linebacker Kareem McDonald has been bumped to a three-star prospect, and tweeted that he'll be visiting Maryland, Boston College, Penn State, UConn and Virginia Tech before deciding on July 16.
Canadian defensive tackle target Neville Gallimore, whom Maryland was the first to offer, received offers from Ohio State, Oregon, Florida and Michigan State and has been rated a four-star prospect.
Three-star Ridge Point (Texas) safety Jameel Cook picked up offers from Kentucky and Memphis.
2015 Big Board (Basketball):
- Allonzo Trier, five stars, Montrose Christian (Md.)
- Justin Robinson, three stars, St. James (Va.)
- Malik Ellison, unrated, Life Center Academy (Penn.)
- Josh Reaves, four stars, Paul VI Catholic (Va.)
- Chris Clarke, three stars, Cape Henry (Va.)
- Marcus Sheffield, four stars, Chattahoochee (Ga.)
- Jordan Murphy, three stars, William J. Brennan (Texas)
- Mamadou Ndiaye, unrated, Oakland Mills (Md.)
- Carlton Bragg, five stars, Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Ohio)
- Esa Ahmad, four stars, Shaker Heights (Ohio)
- Sylvester Ogbonda, unrated, National Christian Academy (Md.)
- John Collins, unrated, Cardinal Newman (Fla.)
- Diamond Stone, five stars, Dominican (Wis.)
- Georgios Papagiannis, four stars, Westtown (Penn.)
2015 Big Board (Football):
- Kai Locksley, four stars, Gilman (Md.)
- David Sills, three stars, Eastern Christian (Md.)
- Jonathan Giles, three stars, Elkins (Texas)
- Brandon Battle, three stars, North Point (Md.)
- Nick Marsilio, unrated, Bishop McDevitt (Penn.)
- David Pindell, unrated, Oakland Mills (Md.)
- Ryan Adzima, unrated, Wallington (N.J.)
- Bryce Love, four stars, Wake Forest-Rolesville (N.C.)
- Deshawn McClease, three stars, Oscar Smith (Va.)
- Levante Bellamy, three stars, Brebeuf Jesuit (Ind.)
- Jonathan Forrest, three stars, New Rochelle (N.Y.)
- AJ Turner, three stars, Centreville (Va.)
- Deltron Sands, three stars, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.)
- Olamide Zaccheaus, three stars, St. Joseph's (Penn.)
- JJ Arcega-Whiteside, three stars, Dorman (S.C.)
- D.J. Moore, three stars, Imhotep Institute (Penn.)
- Scott Washington, three stars, St. John's (D.C.)
- Kalif Jackson, three stars, Duncan U. Fletcher (Fla.)
- James Proche, three stars, Prime Prep Academy (Fla.)
- Jahrvis Davenport, three stars, Robinson (Fla.)
- David Gardner, unrated, Atlantic Coast (Fla.)
- Kelvin McKnight, unrated, Manatee (Fla.)
- Devin Phelps, unrated, St. Frances Academy (Md.)
- Elisha Sewell, unrated, Middletown (Del.)
- Freddie Simmons, unrated, Bethlehem Catholic (Penn.)
- Amir Ealey, three stars, Coatesville Area (Penn.)
- Chris Cunningham, three stars, Atlantic Coast (Fla.)
- Chris Garrison, three stars, Lawrence Academy (Mass.)
- Trevor Brown, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- DeAndre Kelly, unrated, DeMatha (Md.)
- Matthew Burrell, four stars, C.D. Hylton (Va.)
- Isaiah Prince, four stars, Eleanor Roosevelt (Md.)
- Tyler Higby, three stars, The Kinkaid School (Texas)
- Tony Pilato, three stars, Hempfield Area (Penn.)
- Blake Camper, unrated, Frank W. Cox (Va.)
- Will McClain, unrated, Middletown (Md.)
- E.J. Donahue, four stars, Linganore (Md.) -- committed 10/26/13
- Quarvez Boulware, four stars, Friendship Academy (D.C.)
- Tommy Hatton, three stars, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- Ellis McKennie, three stars, McDonogh (Md.)
- Larry Jefferson, three stars, Itawamba CC (Miss.)
- Ulric Jones, three stars, Butler CC (Kan.)
- Jamie Gordinier, three stars, Red Bank Catholic (N.J.)
- Micah Dew-Treadway, three stars, Bolingbrook (Ill.)
- Eric Assoua, three stars, St. John's (D.C.)
- Jake Pickard, three stars, Millburn (N.J.)
- Mbi Tanyi, unrated, Bush (Texas)
- Austrian Robinson, unrated, Trinity-Pawling (N.Y.)
- Cody Banks, unrated, Douglas S. Freeman (Va.)
- Neville Gallimore, four stars, Canada Prep Football Academy (Ont.)
- Deonte Reynolds, three stars, Contra Costa College (Calif.)
- Aaron Crawford, three stars, Stone Bridge (Va.)
- Anthony Fotu, three stars, Laney College (Calif.)
- David Ryslik, three stars, Peddie School (N.J.)
- Wesley Annan, unrated, Lake Forest Academy (Ill.)
- Clay Kemp, unrated, St. John Vianney Regional (N.J.)
- Jamal Milan, unrated, Raby (Ill.)
- Tremaine Edmunds, three stars, Dan River (Va.)
- Joe Giles-Harris, three stars, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- Kareem McDonald, three stars, Wilson (D.C.)
- Brett Zanotto, unrated, Franklin Regional (Penn.)
- Wyatt Cook, three stars, McDonogh School (Md.)
- Gus Little, three stars, Massaponax (Va.)
- Tyler Green, four stars, DeMatha (Md.)
- Ashton White, three stars, Bishop McNamara (Md.)
- Kareem Ali, three stars, Timber Creek (N.J.)
- Dionte Austin, three stars, Calvert Hall College (Md.)
- Darnell Savage, three stars, Caravel Academy (Del.)
- Will Lockett, three stars, Manvel (Texas)
- Kareem Gibson, three stars, Greater Johnstown (Penn.)
- Chris Barr, three stars, Trinity Christian Academy (Fla.)
- Juwuan Briscoe, unrated, Thomas Stone (Md.)
- Domenique Williams, unrated, West Mecklenburg (N.C.)
- Kobe Marfo, unrated, Hayfield (Va.)
- JaTwan Jones, unrated, Meade Senior (Md.)
- John Robinson, unrated, Dwight Morrow (N.J.)
- Jay Stocker, three stars, Coatesville Area (Penn.)
- Myles Hartsfield, three stars, Sayreville War Memorial (N.J.)
- Jameel Cook, three stars, Ridge Point (Texas)
- Dontae Strickland, three stars, South Brunswick (N.J.)