New 2015 target alert!
2015 Cardinal Newman HS forward John Collins txt me that Maryland & Kansas State both offered him scholarships yesterday @FlashBasketball— Russ Wood (@RussHoops) March 29, 2014
Collins only receives a rating from Scout, where he is a three-star power forward. That's right, an actual power forward! He's listed at 6'9" and 230 pounds, and holds offers from Kansas State, Miami and Texas (as well as interest from Memphis).
Here's some highlight film, in which you can see Collins be taller than everyone else.
As we covered in the MM, Virginia guard Franklin Howard will make his decision on his birthday, April 14. Howard will be choosing between Syracuse, Georgetown, Ohio State, Maryland, Virginia and NC State, but the rumor mill has it squarely between Syracuse and Georgetown. The four-star shooting guard is the top-rated player at the position on our big board (scroll down), but Maryland stands in much better position with other targets Donovan Mitchell and Chris Clarke.
Texas small forward prospect Jordan Murphy has been given a three-star rating.
Paywalled, but you can still see the gist of it: four-star offensive tackle Isaiah Prince lists Maryland as his top school. He's considered the third-best player in the state and would be a gigantic get.
Four-star quarterback Kai Locksley received offers from Texas and New Mexico.
Four-star offensive guard Richie Petitbon picked up an offer from Kentucky.
Three-star cornerback Ashton White picked up an offer from Kentucky.
Three-star defensive end Jamie Gordinier picked up offers from Connecticut and Michigan State and visited Miami and Northwestern. He is scheduled to visit Maryland next week.
Three-star inside linebacker Wyatt Cook received offers from Toledo and Temple.
Three-star offensive guard Ellis McKennie took a visit to Penn State.
Three-star offensive guard David Robbins took a visit to Ohio State.
Three-star Texas linebacker D'Vonta Hinton received an offer from Texas State.
Three-star Dallas safety Prentice McKinney committed to Notre Dame, leaving wide receiver JF Thomas as the only remaining prospect of the three South Oak Cliff High School players the Terps offered (safety Jamile Johnson committed to Oklahoma).
Florida wide receiver Rashad Blunt picked up offers from UAB and Middle Tennessee State.
Virginia offensive tackle Blake Camper visited Virginia Tech.
2016 athlete Trevon Diggs received an offer from Ohio State.
2015 Big Board (Basketball):
- Allonzo Trier, four stars, Montrose Christian (Md.)
- Malik Ellison, unrated, Life Center Academy (Pa.)
- Franklin Howard, four stars, Paul VI Catholic (Va.)
- Donovan Mitchell, four stars, Brewster Academy (N.H.)
- Chris Clarke, three stars, Cape Henry (Va.)
- Marcus Sheffield, four stars, Chattahoochee (Ga.)
- Jordan Murphy, three stars, William J. Brennan (Texas)
- Mamdou Ndiaye, unrated, Oakland Mills (Md.)
- Carlton Bragg, five stars, Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Ohio)
- Horace Spencer, four stars, Henderson (Nev.)
- Alex Owens, four stars, Oak Ridge (Fla.)
- Josh Sharma, four stars, Northfield Mount Hernon (Mass.)
- Esa Ahmad, four stars, Shaker Heights (Ohio)
- Sylvester Ogbonda, unrated, National Christian Academy (Md.)
- John Collins, unrated, Cardinal Newman (Fla.)
- Georgios Papagiannis, four stars, Westtown (Pa.)
2015 Big Board (Football):
- Kai Locksley, four stars, Gilman (Md.)
- Zach Gentry, four stars, El Dorado (N.M.)
- Nick Johns, three stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Brandon Battle, three stars, North Point (Md.)
- Ryan Adzima, unrated, Wallington (N.J.)
- Levante Bellamy, three stars, Brebeuf Jesuit (Ind.)
- Jonathan Forrest, three stars, New Rochelle (N.Y.)
- Deltron Sands, three stars, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.)
- Olamide Zaccheaus, three stars, St. Joseph's (Pa.)
- Raekwon Gray, unrated, Urbana (Md.)
- Jalen Christian, four stars, Damascus (Md.)
- Trevion Armstrong, three stars, Matoaca (Va.)
- Jabari Greenwood, three stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Felton Davis III, three stars, Highland Springs (Va.)
- Scott Washington, three stars, St. John's (D.C.)
- JF Thomas, three stars, South Oak Cliff (Texas)
- Devin Phelps, unrated, St. Frances Academy (Md.)
- Darryl Turner, unrated, DeMatha (Md.)
- Elisha Sewell, unrated, Middletown (Del.)
- Freddie Simmons, unrated, Bethlehem Catholic (Penn.)
- Tyler Green, four stars, DeMatha (Md.)
- Trevor Brown, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- DeAndre Kelly, unrated, DeMatha (Md.)
- Damonte Scott-Terrell, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- Matthew Burrell, four stars, C.D. Hylton (Va.)
- Isaiah Prince, four stars, Eleanor Roosevelt (Md.)
- Grant Newsome, four stars, Lawrenceville School (Va.)
- Brandon Knight, three stars, Noblesville (Ind.)
- Blake Camper, unrated, Frank W. Cox (Va.)
- Will McClain, unrated, Middletown (Md.)
- E.J. Donahue, four stars, Linganore (Md.) -- committed 10/26/13
- Richie Petitbon, four stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Quarvez Boulware, four stars, Friendship Academy (D.C.)
- Ellis McKennie, three stars, McDonogh (Md.)
- Tommy Hatton, three stars, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- David Robbins, three stars, Glenelg (Md.)
- Travis Kendle, unrated, Williamsport (Md.)
- Adam McLean, four stars, Quince Orchard (Md.)
- Jamie Gordinier, three stars, Red Bank Catholic (N.J.)
- Eric Assoua, three stars, St. John's (D.C.)
- Jake Pickard, three stars, Millburn (N.J.)
- Mbi Tanyi, unrated, Bush (Texas)
- Austrian Robinson, unrated, Trinity-Pawling (N.Y.)
- Ulric Jones, unrated, Butler CC (Kan.)
- Christian Wilkins, four stars, Suffield Academy (Ct.)
- Chance Hall, three stars, Northside (Va.)
- Aaron Crawford, three stars, Stone Bridge (Va.)
- Anthony Fotu, three stars, Laney College (Calif.)
- Wesley Annan, unrated, Lake Forest Academy (Ill.)
- Knikeem Lewis, unrated, St. Joseph (N.J.)
- Tristan Nevotne, unrated, Hinsdale Central (Ill.)
- Clay Kemp, unrated, St. John Vianney Regional (N.J.)
- Neville Gallimore, unrated, Canada Prep Football Academy (Ont.)
- Deonte Reynolds, unrated, Contra Costa College (Calif.)
- David Ryslik, unrated, Peddie School (N.J.)
- Jay Gilchrist, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- Julius Combes, unrated, DeMatha (Md.)
- Antoine McCray, unrated, Forestville (Md).
- Chad Smith, three stars, Dominion (Va.)
- Joe Giles-Harris, three stars, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- Kareem McDonald, two stars, Wilson (D.C.)
- Drew Yarborough, unrated, Thomas Johnson (Md.)
- Anthony Malaguti, unrated, Don Bosco Prep (N.J.)
- R.J. Edwards, unrated, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- Kareem Gibson, four stars, Greater Johnstown (Pa.)
- Ashton White, three stars, Bishop McNamara (Md.)
- Kareem Ali, three stars, Timber Creek (N.J.)
- Dionte Austin, three stars, Calvert Hall College (Md.)
- Micah Abernathy, three stars, Greater Atlanta Christian (Ga.)
- Darnell Savage, three stars, Caravel Academy (Del.)
- Roger Richardson, unrated, Good Counsel (Md.)
- Micah Keels, unrated, Calvert Hall College (Md.)
- Kobe Marfo, unrated, Hayfield (Va.)
- Will Lockett, unrated, Manvel (Texas)
- JaTwan Jones, unrated, Meade Senior (Md.)
- John Robinson, unrated, Dwight Morrow (N.J.)
- Jay Stocker, three stars, Coatesville Area (Pa.)
- Myles Hartsfield, three stars, Sayreville War Memorial (N.J.)
- Ayron Monroe, three stars, St. John's College (D.C.)
- AJ Turner, three stars, Centreville (Va.)
- Jameel Cook, three stars, Ridge Point (Texas)
- Dontae Strickland, three stars, South Brunswick (N.J.)