New offers on the basketball front!
- Four-star Massachusetts point guard Jalen Adams, who holds offers from Connecticut and Kansas, among others.
- Three-star New Hampshire shooting guard Terance Mann, who holds offers from Georgetown, Boston College and Florida State.
- Three-star Cape Henry (Va.) shooting guard Chris Clarke, who holds offers from Kansas State and Creighton, among others.
Five-star power forward Carlton Bragg received a visit from Maryland.
Four-star point guard Allonzo Trier took an unofficial visit to Georgetown.
Four-star power forward Josh Sharma received a visit from Illinois.
Four-star athlete Jalen Christian, the second-best player in the state of Maryland, tweeted out his top 11 schools. The Terps have made the first cut, with Virginia Tech surprisingly not included.
top 11 Duke, Kentucky, Md, Nebraska, OhioSt, Oklahoma, Rutgers, SouthCar, Tenn, Wisc, WVU— Jalen Christian2⃣ (@Thatblasiankidd) March 4, 2014
South Carolina is now considered the team to beat for the Terps.
Maryland commit E.J. Donahue had his own response to the tweet (which Christian retweeted).
@Thatblasiankidd No place like home— Ej Donahue7⃣0⃣ (@EjDonahuge) March 4, 2014
- Four-star all-purpose back Bryce Love, from Wake-Forest Rolesville (N.C.), who holds offers from Clemson and Florida
- Four-star defensive end Darrell Taylor, from Hopewell (Va.), who holds offers from Virginia and Virginia Tech
- Four-star linebacker Manny Bowen, from Barnegat (N.J.), who holds offers from Wisconsin, Michigan State and Alabama, among others
- Four-star inside linebacker Josh Barajas, from Andrean (Ind.), who holds offers from Michigan and Notre Dame
- Three-star Florida running back Deltron Sands (DELTRON SANDS!)
- Three-star Texas City, Texas outside linebacker D'Vonta Hinton
- Unrated 2016 Woodbery Forest (Va.) offensive tackle Clark Yarbrough, who also picked up an offer from Virginia
Four-star defensive end Adam McLean received offers from Tennessee and Texas A&M.
Four-star tight end Chris Clark received offers from South Carolina, Nebraska, Florida State and Arizona. He will be visiting College Park this weekend.
Four-star quarterback Kai Locksley received an offer from Miami while on his visit there.
Four-star cornerback Holton Hill, four-star offensive tackle Grant Newsome, four-star quarterback Zach Gentry and four-star offensive tackle Abdul Bello all received offers from Alabama (among others), and it's safe to count them out (except Newsome, who is scheduled to visit College Park this weekend).
Three-star cornerback Kareem Ali received offers from Florida and North Carolina, and will be visiting College Park this weekend.
Three-star offensive guard Tommy Hatton took an unofficial visit to Rutgers, and will be visiting Maryland this weekend.
Three-star wide receiver Felton Davis III received offers from Wisconsin and East Carolina.
Three-star safety Prentice McKinney received offers from Houston and Arizona State, and will be attending Oklahoma's Junior Day this weekend.
Three-star quarterback Nick Johns attended Virginia's Junior Day.
Three-star inside linebacker Gus Little attended Virginia's Junior Day and received an offer from Marshall.
Butler (Kan.) CC defensive end Ulric Jones, who recently received a Maryland offer, received a three-star rating as well.
Three-star defensive end Jake Pickard received an offer from Cincinnati.
Middletown (Md.) offensive tackle Will McClain received an offer from Temple.
Canadian defensive tackle Neville Gallimore received offers from TCU and UCLA.
Liberty (Va.) High School offensive tackle RJ Proctor visited College Park this weekend.
Creekside (Fla.) wide receiver Rashad Blunt received offers from FIU and Florida Atlantic.
Some notes, from our own Pat Donohue:
Three-star local cornerback Dionte Austin said that he had a great experience at Junior Day and "loved everything about it." He also said that he has been talking to coach Edsall, Dudzinski, and Stewart on the phone for a while now.
Three-star local athlete Scott Washington said "I really enjoyed my time at Maryland's Junior Day. I had a good time talking with coach Dunn and going over tight end stuff. Something that stood out to me was how they use their tight ends. They like to use them as an H-back and split them out wide, which is great because it is a lot like receiver, which I play in high school."
Washington said the Terps are planning on just taking one tight end in the class, and that he's hoping to get an offer this summer at camp.
Three-star local linebacker Wyatt Cook dismissed Junior Day as no big deal. He said that he has been to the campus plenty of times before and is pretty familiar with it. He said that Junior Day was just mostly a presentation of the coaches and why you should stay close to home.
Three-star local quarterback Brandon Battle said "My junior Day experience at Maryland was great! Everyone there made me feel really comfortable. The facilities were nice, the staff was wonderful. I had a really great overall experience.
"The academic side of the trip really impressed me more than anything. The way the academic assistants explained how they help the players in their transition to college and just on an everyday basis was impressive."
Battle also said the coaches told him he was close to receiving an offer.
2015 Big Board (Basketball):
- Allonzo Trier, four stars, Montrose Christian (Md.)
- Malik Ellison, unrated, Life Center Academy (Pa.)
- Franklin Howard, four stars, Paul VI Catholic (Va.)
- Donovan Mitchell, four stars, Brewster Academy (N.H.)
- Chris Clarke, three stars, Cape Henry (Va.)
- Marcus Sheffield, four stars, Chattahoochee (Ga.)
- Jordan Murphy, unrated, William J. Brennan (Texas)
- Mamdou Ndiaye, unrated, Oakland Mills (Md.)
- Carlton Bragg, five stars, Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Ohio)
- Horace Spencer, four stars, Henderson (Nev.)
- Alex Owens, four stars, Oak Ridge (Fla.)
- Josh Sharma, four stars, Northfield Mount Hernon (Mass.)
- Esa Ahmad, four stars, Shaker Heights (Ohio)
- Sylvester Ogbonda, unrated, National Christian Academy (Md.)
- Georgios Papagiannis, four stars, Westtown (Pa.)
2015 Big Board (Football):
- Kai Locksley, four stars, Gilman (Md.)
- Zach Gentry, four stars, El Dorado (N.M.)
- Nick Johns, three stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Brandon Battle, three stars, North Point (Md.)
- Ryan Adzima, unrated, Wallington (N.J.)
- Levante Bellamy, three stars, Brebeuf Jesuit (Ind.)
- Jonathan Forrest, three stars, New Rochelle (N.Y.)
- Deltron Sands, three stars, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.)
- Olamide Zaccheaus, three stars, St. Joseph's (Pa.)
- Raekwon Gray, unrated, Urbana (Md.)
- Brandon Polk, four stars, Briar Woods (Va.)
- Trevion Armstrong, three stars, Matoaca (Va.)
- Jabari Greenwood, three stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Felton Davis III, three stars, Highland Springs (Va.)
- Scott Washington, three stars, St. John's (D.C.)
- JF Thomas, three stars, South Oak Cliff (Texas)
- Devin Phelps, unrated, St. Frances Academy (Md.)
- Darryl Turner, unrated, DeMatha (Md.)
- Elisha Sewell, unrated, Middletown (Del.)
- Freddie Simmons, unrated, Bethlehem Catholic (Penn.)
- Chris Clark, four stars, Avon Old Farms (Conn.)
- Tyler Green, four stars, DeMatha (Md.)
- Trevor Brown, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- Damonte Scott-Terrell, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- Matthew Burrell, four stars, C.D. Hylton (Va.)
- Isaiah Prince, four stars, Eleanor Roosevelt (Md.)
- Brandon Knight, three stars, Noblesville (Ind.)
- Ryan Bischoff, unrated, Plymouth Whitemarsh (Pa.)
- Will McClain, unrated, Middletown (Md.)
- E.J. Donahue, four stars, Linganore (Md.) -- committed 10/26/13
- Richie Petitbon, four stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Quarvez Boulware, four stars, Friendship Academy (D.C.)
- Ellis McKennie, three stars, McDonogh (Md.)
- Tommy Hatton, three stars, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- David Robbins, three stars, Glenelg (Md.)
- Travis Kendle, unrated, Williamsport (Md.)
- Adam McLean, four stars, Quince Orchard (Md.)
- Jamie Gordinier, three stars, Red Bank Catholic (N.J.)
- Ulric Jones, three stars, Butler CC (Kan.)
- Eric Assoua, three stars, St. John's (D.C.)
- Jake Pickard, three stars, Millburn (N.J.)
- Mbi Tanyi, unrated, Bush (Texas)
- Austrian Robinson, unrated, Trinity-Pawling (N.Y.)
- Elijah Taylor, four stars, Archbishop Moeller (Ohio)
- Chance Hall, three stars, Northside (Va.)
- Aaron Crawford, three stars, Stone Bridge (Va.)
- Wesley Annan, unrated, Lake Forest Academy (Ill.)
- Knikeem Lewis, unrated, St. Joseph (N.J.)
- Tristan Nevotne, unrated, Hinsdale Central (Ill.)
- Clay Kemp, unrated, St. John Vianney Regional (N.J.)
- Neville Gallimore, unrated, Canada Prep Football Academy (Ont.)
- David Ryslik, unrated, Peddie School (N.J.)
- Jay Gilchrist, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- Julius Combes, unrated, DeMatha (Md.)
- Antoine McCray, unrated, Forestville (Md).
- Chad Smith, three stars, Dominion (Va.)
- Joe Giles-Harris, three stars, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- Kareem McDonald, two stars, Wilson (D.C.)
- Drew Yarborough, unrated, Thomas Johnson (Md.)
- Anthony Malaguti, unrated, Don Bosco Prep (N.J.)
- R.J. Edwards, unrated, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- Wyatt Cook, three stars, McDonogh School (Md.)
- Gus Little, three stars, Massaponax (Va.)
- Ashton White, three stars, Bishop McNamara (Md.)
- Kareem Ali, three stars, Timber Creek (N.J.)
- Dionte Austin, three stars, Calvert Hall College (Md.)
- Kareem Gibson, three stars, Greater Johnstown (Pa.)
- Micah Abernathy, three stars, Greater Atlanta Christian (Ga.)
- Darnell Savage, three stars, Caravel Academy (Del.)
- Roger Richardson, unrated, Good Counsel (Md.)
- Micah Keels, unrated, Calvert Hall College (Md.)
- Kobe Marfo, unrated, Hayfield (Va.)
- Will Lockett, unrated, Manvel (Texas)
- JaTwan Jones, unrated, Meade Senior (Md.)
- John Robinson, unrated, Dwight Morrow (N.J.)
- Jay Stocker, three stars, Coatesville Area (Pa.)
- Myles Hartsfield, three stars, Sayreville War Memorial (N.J.)
- Prentice McKinney, three stars, South Oak Cliff (Texas)
- Ayron Monroe, three stars, St. John's College (D.C.)
- AJ Turner, three stars, Centreville (Va.)
- Jameel Cook, three stars, Ridge Point (Texas)
- Jalen Christian, four stars, Damascus (Md.)
- Dontae Strickland, three stars, South Brunswick (N.J.)