Four-star power forward Esa Ahmad picked up an offer from Wisconsin.
Five-star quarterback Josh Rosen, the top-rated quarterback in the country (who mysteriously picked up a Maryland offer late in the process), committed to UCLA. The real importance of this move isn't that Maryland didn't grab him, but instead that it's the first quarterback domino to fall. Most quarterbacks commit before the start of their senior season, and the Terps will be looking to bring in either one or two in this class -- and it could be sooner rather than later than we find out whom.
Right now, the two most likely options are clearly four-star Gilman (Md.) recruit Kai Locksley and three-star Gonzaga (D.C.) recruit Nick Johns, who recently impressed at the Elite 11 Atlanta camp and was interviewed by our good friend Bud Elliott.
Speaking of Locksley, he recently tweeted out his Top 15 schools, with Maryland unsurprisingly making the cut.
Top 15 pic.twitter.com/pgcHVYDOmz— Kai Locksley (@LOCKSnLOADED_3) March 21, 2014
Bringing in both would be an unquestioned success, giving the Terps a strong boost heading into the in-season recruiting period.
Four-star Virginia wide receiver Brandon Polk committed to Penn State, taking another high-profile target off the board. Polk was not considered a likely possibility to end up at Maryland (Stanford and Virginia Tech were rumored to be the leaders before he visited Penn State), but that now means James Franklin has snagged six commitments from players Maryland was targeting. Only one of them was a player Maryland was thought to have a real chance with (Ryan Buchholz), but two-thirds of the Nittany Lions' class is now made up of former Terrapin targets.
James Franklin isn't just satisfied with six Maryland targets, however. The following targets all visited Penn State this weekend:
- Three-star New Jersey offensive guard Tommy Hatton
- Three-star D.C. wide receiver Scott Washington
- Three-star Maryland defensive end Darius Fullwood
- Three-star D.C. safety Ayron Monroe
- Three-star D.C. defensive end Eric Assoua
- Three-star New Jersey running back Myles Hartsfield
- Three-star Maryland linebacker Wyatt Cook
Hartsfield also picked up an offer from West Virginia.
Maryland has extended some new offers in the class of 2015:
- Four-star Cypress Ridge (Texas) wide receiver Kemah Siverand, who holds offers from Texas, Texas A&M and Ohio State, among others
- Four-star Hopewell (Va.) defensive end Darrell Taylor, who claims Virginia and Virginia Tech offers, among others
- Contra Costa College (Calif). defensive tackle Deonte Reynolds, a massive prospect at 6'5" and 325 pounds who holds offers from Boise State and Arizona State. Contra Costa is also the former home of recent graduated cornerback Isaac Goins.
Four-star DC athlete Marcus Lewis is transferring to the IMG Academy in Florida, essentially ending any potential hopes that the Terrapins could snag the star local recruit.
4-star CB Marcus Lewis informs me that he is transferring to Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy. http://t.co/CzfUEzsmb3 @jcshurburtt @CNee247— RyanBartow247 (@RyanBartow) March 24, 2014
Remember Chris Clark, the four-star tight end who committed to North Carolina just last week? Well, he's taking visits already, but it does not appear Maryland is back in the running -- Notre Dame, Ohio State and Michigan look to be competing for his services (along with the Tar Heels).
Four-star defensive lineman Adam McLean picked up offers from Miami and Indiana.
Three-star offensive guard David Robbins visited Florida State, Alabama and Auburn and picked up an offer from FSU.
Three-star safety Prentice McKinney picked up offers from TCU and Texas A&M.
Florida wide receiver Rashad Blunt picked up an offer from South Alabama.
Defensive end Austrian Robinson picked up an offer from Old Dominion.
2016 offensive tackle target Clark Yarbrough picked up an offer from Wake Forest.
2015 Big Board (Basketball):
- Allonzo Trier, four stars, Montrose Christian (Md.)
- Malik Ellison, unrated, Life Center Academy (Pa.)
- Franklin Howard, four stars, Paul VI Catholic (Va.)
- Donovan Mitchell, four stars, Brewster Academy (N.H.)
- Chris Clarke, three stars, Cape Henry (Va.)
- Marcus Sheffield, four stars, Chattahoochee (Ga.)
- Jordan Murphy, unrated, William J. Brennan (Texas)
- Mamdou Ndiaye, unrated, Oakland Mills (Md.)
- Carlton Bragg, five stars, Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Ohio)
- Horace Spencer, four stars, Henderson (Nev.)
- Alex Owens, four stars, Oak Ridge (Fla.)
- Josh Sharma, four stars, Northfield Mount Hernon (Mass.)
- Esa Ahmad, four stars, Shaker Heights (Ohio)
- Sylvester Ogbonda, unrated, National Christian Academy (Md.)
- Georgios Papagiannis, four stars, Westtown (Pa.)
2015 Big Board (Football):
- Kai Locksley, four stars, Gilman (Md.)
- Zach Gentry, four stars, El Dorado (N.M.)
- Nick Johns, three stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Brandon Battle, three stars, North Point (Md.)
- Ryan Adzima, unrated, Wallington (N.J.)
- Levante Bellamy, three stars, Brebeuf Jesuit (Ind.)
- Jonathan Forrest, three stars, New Rochelle (N.Y.)
- Deltron Sands, three stars, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.)
- Olamide Zaccheaus, three stars, St. Joseph's (Pa.)
- Raekwon Gray, unrated, Urbana (Md.)
- Jalen Christian, four stars, Damascus (Md.)
- Trevion Armstrong, three stars, Matoaca (Va.)
- Jabari Greenwood, three stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Felton Davis III, three stars, Highland Springs (Va.)
- Scott Washington, three stars, St. John's (D.C.)
- JF Thomas, three stars, South Oak Cliff (Texas)
- Devin Phelps, unrated, St. Frances Academy (Md.)
- Darryl Turner, unrated, DeMatha (Md.)
- Elisha Sewell, unrated, Middletown (Del.)
- Freddie Simmons, unrated, Bethlehem Catholic (Penn.)
- Tyler Green, four stars, DeMatha (Md.)
- Trevor Brown, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- Damonte Scott-Terrell, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- Matthew Burrell, four stars, C.D. Hylton (Va.)
- Isaiah Prince, four stars, Eleanor Roosevelt (Md.)
- Grant Newsome, four stars, Lawrenceville School (Va.)
- Brandon Knight, three stars, Noblesville (Ind.)
- Ryan Bischoff, unrated, Plymouth Whitemarsh (Pa.)
- Will McClain, unrated, Middletown (Md.)
- E.J. Donahue, four stars, Linganore (Md.) -- committed 10/26/13
- Richie Petitbon, four stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Quarvez Boulware, four stars, Friendship Academy (D.C.)
- Ellis McKennie, three stars, McDonogh (Md.)
- Tommy Hatton, three stars, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- David Robbins, three stars, Glenelg (Md.)
- Travis Kendle, unrated, Williamsport (Md.)
- Adam McLean, four stars, Quince Orchard (Md.)
- Jamie Gordinier, three stars, Red Bank Catholic (N.J.)
- Eric Assoua, three stars, St. John's (D.C.)
- Jake Pickard, three stars, Millburn (N.J.)
- Mbi Tanyi, unrated, Bush (Texas)
- Austrian Robinson, unrated, Trinity-Pawling (N.Y.)
- Ulric Jones, unrated, Butler CC (Kan.)
- Elijah Taylor, four stars, Archbishop Moeller (Ohio)
- Chance Hall, three stars, Northside (Va.)
- Aaron Crawford, three stars, Stone Bridge (Va.)
- Anthony Fotu, three stars, Laney College (Calif.)
- Wesley Annan, unrated, Lake Forest Academy (Ill.)
- Knikeem Lewis, unrated, St. Joseph (N.J.)
- Tristan Nevotne, unrated, Hinsdale Central (Ill.)
- Clay Kemp, unrated, St. John Vianney Regional (N.J.)
- Neville Gallimore, unrated, Canada Prep Football Academy (Ont.)
- Deonte Reynolds, unrated, Contra Costa College (Calif.)
- David Ryslik, unrated, Peddie School (N.J.)
- Jay Gilchrist, unrated, Wise (Md.)
- Julius Combes, unrated, DeMatha (Md.)
- Antoine McCray, unrated, Forestville (Md).
- Chad Smith, three stars, Dominion (Va.)
- Joe Giles-Harris, three stars, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- Kareem McDonald, two stars, Wilson (D.C.)
- Drew Yarborough, unrated, Thomas Johnson (Md.)
- Anthony Malaguti, unrated, Don Bosco Prep (N.J.)
- R.J. Edwards, unrated, St. Joseph Regional (N.J.)
- Wyatt Cook, three stars, McDonogh School (Md.)
- Gus Little, three stars, Massaponax (Va.)
- Kareem Gibson, four stars, Greater Johnstown (Pa.)
- Ashton White, three stars, Bishop McNamara (Md.)
- Kareem Ali, three stars, Timber Creek (N.J.)
- Dionte Austin, three stars, Calvert Hall College (Md.)
- Micah Abernathy, three stars, Greater Atlanta Christian (Ga.)
- Darnell Savage, three stars, Caravel Academy (Del.)
- Roger Richardson, unrated, Good Counsel (Md.)
- Micah Keels, unrated, Calvert Hall College (Md.)
- Kobe Marfo, unrated, Hayfield (Va.)
- Will Lockett, unrated, Manvel (Texas)
- JaTwan Jones, unrated, Meade Senior (Md.)
- John Robinson, unrated, Dwight Morrow (N.J.)
- Jay Stocker, three stars, Coatesville Area (Pa.)
- Myles Hartsfield, three stars, Sayreville War Memorial (N.J.)
- Prentice McKinney, three stars, South Oak Cliff (Texas)
- Ayron Monroe, three stars, St. John's College (D.C.)
- AJ Turner, three stars, Centreville (Va.)
- Jameel Cook, three stars, Ridge Point (Texas)
- Dontae Strickland, three stars, South Brunswick (N.J.)