Gotten over Saturday yet? Neither have I, but a win versus Wake Forest tonight would help a lot. The Deacs come into Tuesday's matchup with a 14-11 record, 4-8 in conference play. Maryland has won seven straight in the series.
More importantly, this marks the last regular season ACC game the Terps will play versus a school from North Carolina, the epicenter of the ACC. It's also the last chance to pick up a win over the state. Maryland is 1-3 against North Carolina this season, with losses at NC State, UNC and Duke and a win over NC Central.
Plain and simple this is a game Maryland absolutely should win. Wake is on a five game losing streak and their only road win all year is at Virginia Tech. Still, though, they are a talented bunch with three very good players in Devin Thomas (brother of Lady Terps star Alyssa), Travis McKie and Cody Miller-McIntyre. Maryland cannot look ahead to their massive matchup versus #1 Syracuse on Monday.
Here, have some links to chew on while you wait for tip-off. They are low-fat and gluten free. I know you are trying to watch your figure. Don't give me that look.
- John Langley's preview, where we find out what specific kind of picture book gave John night-terrors as a 7-year-old.
- Justin Meyer's viewing guide. Hint: it can only be viewed on this. Damn ACC.
- Dave Tucker's interview with J.P. Mundy from Blogger So Dear, SB Nation's premier forest related blog. They discuss chicken dinners. I promise this one is actually true.
- Final score
- Dez Wells points
- Charles Mitchell passes out of the post
- Discussions of the influence of H.P. Lovecraft, Robert Chambers and Ambrose Bierce on True Detective (Ed. Note: NO SPOILERS)
- Ranking the ACC: That Duke game still stings so, so much
- Maryland recruiting: Has Randy Edsall recruited better than Ralph Friedgen?
- Maryland women's basketball: Terps crash and burn in 84-63 loss at Duke
- Maryland football recruiting: Tommy Hatton 'ecstatic' about Maryland offer
- Maryland-Duke recap: Terps fall short in Durham