Sarah Faller, Sophomore
Courtesy Maryland Athletics
Collegiate Career Highs: Vault: 9.825 Bars: 9.775 Beam: 9.800
High School: Sanderson High
Club: Sonshine Gymnastics
Hometown: Raleigh, NC
How'd She Get to College Park?
Faller came to Maryland after finishing 16th in the 2012 Junior Olympics National Qualilfier. She chose Maryland over Denver, North Carolina, and Big Ten foes Rutgers, Illinois, and Nebraska.
Career Highlight: Setting a career high on bars and matching her high on beam at the EAGL Championship.
Erans Big Ten top five finishes on beam and vault.
Sarah moved immediately into a prominent place for Maryland competing in three events from the outset of her career. By the end of the season, she had become one of the Terrapins' most consistent gymnasts. If she continues that progress, she could find herself consistently among the better gymnasts in the conference.
1) Other than teammates and coaches, the best thing about being at Maryland is: The incredible resources available from nutritionists, to trainers, to tutors.
2) How old were you when you started gymnastics and what was the scariest thing? I was three or four when I started. The scariest thing was learning a back handspring on beam.
3) My favorite pregame meal is: Either a Fuji Apple Salad from Panera or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
4) My pre-meet ritual or superstition is: I have to put on glitter eyeliner and red lipstick.
5) My pre-meet playlist is: I usually listen to some hip-hop with some classic rock mixed in - pretty much anything that's upbeat.
6) Gymnastics career highlight not at Maryland: Competing in Junior Olympics Nationals.
7) Dog, cat, or other: I have a dog but I really like kittens.
8) On my summer vacation I: Did a two week road trip with my dad from Denver to Las Vegas and we camped the whole way. It was really awesome.
9) My favorite Maryland sport to attend is: Mostly basketball and baseball.
10) List your gymnastics related injuries:
I've had too many ankle sprains to count.
In eighth grade I tore my growth plate from my tibia.
I broke my elbow twice.
Popped my pelvis out of place
I have some bulging disks in my back.
11) If people know only one thing about me, I'd like it to be: I survived a near death experience whitewater rafting.