Five-star power forward Carlton Bragg received visits from Roy Williams and John Calipari.
Five-star center Diamond Stone took an unofficial visit to SMU.
Four-star power forward Josh Sharma took an official visit to Wisconsin and has reportedly named the Badgers as his leader.
Four-star shooting guard Franklin Howard took an unofficial visit to Georgetown -- his second.
Now, for football:
Five-star offensive tackle Damian Prince has moved up his announcement date by nearly a week-and-a-half. The top remaining target in the class, Prince will now decide on National Signing Day (February 5) as opposed to Valentine's Day (Feburary 14). South Carolina appears to be the main competition for Maryland here. (Update: With the addition of Tabor, I would put Florida up there as well).
Officially Decommitting from the University of Louisville pic.twitter.com/DOyBhn87MN— George Rushing (@GR_CloudChaser1) January 8, 2014
Rushing is unlikely to head Maryland's way, but there are two players on Louisville's commitment list who the Terps could end up making a run at.
Desean Blair is a 2014 wide receiver out of Jacksonville who is the one of two current Cardinal commitments with a listed offer from Maryland. This one seems unlikely for two reasons -- the Terps have always planned on having just one wide receiver in the class (Juwann Winfree) and Blair is taking an official visit to Nebraska on January 17.
The more likely option is three-star offensive tackle Danny Burns, who is firmly in Maryland's recruiting area (Fairfield, Ohio), and fills a position of need. He also has listed offers from Maryland, Michigan State and Nebraska, among others. He'll certainly be a name to keep an eye on after the Terps missed out on some offensive line targets earlier in the process.
Another potential fallout from the Louisville hiring is the destination of three-star 2014 safety Kendall Randolph. Randolph named Louisville his leader at the beginning of the week, but that no longer appears to be the case. Maryland is making a late run at him, hoping to at least partially fill the void in the secondary lost by Tabor's commitment, but they'll have to compete with Oklahoma and Kentucky to do it (he also has offers from Alabama and Florida State, among others).
Former 2014 offensive line commit Jared Cohen picked up an offer from North Carolina, although it seems the race is still between the Terps and Penn State. Maryland has one advantage -- they offered him first and have a long relationship with him -- but Penn State was his dream school since childhood. I imagine the coaching staff decision will play a heavy factor here.
Kareem Ali, a 2015 four-star cornerback who is rumored to be deciding soon, picked up an offer from Duke. Penn State, Maryland and Rutgers appear to be the major players for the New Jersey prospect.
2015 four-star defensive end Josh Sweat received an offer from Michigan State. Virginia Tech looks like the team to beat for him.
2014 Big Board (Basketball):
- Melo Trimble, four stars, point guard, Bishop O'Connell (Va.) - committed 12/13/12
- Dion Wiley, four stars, shooting guard, Potomac (Md.) - committed 6/7/13
- Jared Nickens, four stars, shooting guard, Westtown (Pa.) - committed 6/16/13
- Trayvon Reed, four stars, center, Shiloh (Ga.) - committed 8/22/13
2015 Big Board (Basketball):
- Franklin Howard, four stars, Paul VI Catholic (Va.)
- Donovan Mitchell, three stars, Brewster Academy (N.H.)
- Jaylen Brown, five stars, Wheeler (Ga.)
- Marcus Sheffield, four stars, Chattahoochee (Ga.)
- Jordan Murphy, unrated, William J. Brennan (Texas)
- Cheick Diallo, five stars, Our Savior New American School (N.Y.)
- Carlton Bragg, five stars, Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Ohio)
- Horace Spencer, four stars, Henderson (Nev.)
- Alex Owens, four stars, Oak Ridge (Fla.)
- Josh Sharma, four stars, Northfield Mount Hernon (Mass.)
- Jeremy Miller, four stars, New Hampton School (N.H.)
- Shawntrez Davis, three stars, Tri-cities (Ga.)
- Sylvester Ogbonda, unrated, National Christian Academy (Md.)
2014 Big Board (Football):
- Donte Thomas-Williams, four stars, Hillside (N.C).
- Vernard Roberts, three stars, Dunbar (DC)
- Anthony Scott, three stars, Green Run (Va.)
- Phillip Butler, two stars, Linganore (Md.)
- Sterling Dailey, unranked, Stone Bridge (Va.)
- Juwann Winfree, four stars, Dwight Morrow (Nj.) - committed 9/27/13
- Tyshun Samuel, three stars, Chapman (Sc.)
- Rico Johnson, unranked, Georgia Prep Sports Academy (Ga.)
- James Duff, unranked, Dunbar (DC)
- Derwin Gray, four stars, Fork Union (Va.) - committed 6/15/12
- Larry Mazyck, three stars, Iowa Western C.C. (Ia.) - committed 8/25/13
- Sean Christie, three stars, Patchogue-Medford (N.Y.) - committed 12/15/13
- Damian Prince, five stars, Bishop McNamara (Md.)
- Jared Cohen, three stars, Mcdonogh (Md.)
- Jesse Aniebonam, four stars, Good Counsel (Md.) - committed 8/23/13
- Tyler Burke, three stars, Coatesville Area (Pa.) - committed 6/25/13
- Brett Kulka, two stars, General Mclane (Pa.) - committed 6/24/13
- Vance Roberts, three stars, ASA College (Ny.)
- Elliott Davis, two stars, Quince Orchard (Md.)
- Daniel Ezeagwu, unrated, Colonial Forge (Va.)
- Josh Woods, three stars, Owings Mills (Md.) -- committed 11/18/13
- Jordan Noil, three stars, Norcross (Ga.) -- committed 10/1/13
- Shawn Boone, three stars, Dwyer (Fla.)
- Kendall Randolph, three stars, Lincoln (Fla.)
- DaeJuan Funderburk, three stars, Friendship Academy (DC)
- Demetrius Johnson, four stars, Annapolis Christian Academy (Md.)
- Marquel Dickerson, unranked, North Point (Md.)
2015 Big Board (Football):
- Kai Locksley, four stars, Gilman (Md.)
- Brandon Wimbush, four stars, St. Peters Prep (N.J.)
- Kamonte Carter, four stars, Gaithersburg (Md.)
- Andre Robinson, four stars, Bishop McDevitt (Pa.)
- Johnathan Sutton, four stars, Swansea (S.C.)
- Javarius Davis, three stars, Ed White (Fla.)
- Jabari Greenwood, four stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Brandon Polk, four stars, Briar Woods (Va.)
- Tavin Richardson, three stars, Byrnes (S.C.)
- Tyler Green, four stars, DeMatha (Md.)
- Isaiah Prince, four stars, Eleanor Roosevelt (Md.)
- Ryan Bates, four stars, Archbishop Wood (Md.)
- Austin Clark, four stars, Rockbridge County (Va.)
- E.J. Donahue, three stars, Linganore (Md.) -- committed 10/26/13
- Matthew Burrell, four stars, C.D. Hylton (Va.)
- Richie Petitbon, four stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Kendrick Norton, four stars, Trinity Christian Academy (Fla.)
- Quarvez Boulware, four stars, Friendship Academy (D.C.)
- Josh Sweat, four stars, Oscar Smith (Va.)
- Harry Lewis, four stars, Phoebus (Va.)
- Ryan Buchholz, unrated, Great Valley (Pa.)
- Christian Wilkins, four stars, Suffield Academy (Conn.)
- Adam McLean, four stars, Quince Orchard (Md.)
- Darvin Taylor, four stars, Thomas Dale (Va.)
- Chance Hall, three stars, Northside (Va.)
- Jeffery Holland, five stars, Trinity Christian Academy (Fla.)
- Wyatt Cook, three stars, McDonogh School (Md.)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick, four stars, St. Peters Prep (N.J.)
- John Reid, four stars, St. Joseph's Prep (Pa.)
- Jalen Christian, four stars, Damascus (Md.)
- Karem Ali, four stars, Timber Creek (N.J.)
- Maurice Smitherman, four stars, Minor (Ala.)
- Ashton White, four stars, Friendship (D.C.)
- DuWayne Johnson, three stars, H.D. Woodson (D.C.)
- Darnell Savage, three stars, Caravel Academy (Del.)
- Elias Cane, unrated, Ezell-Harding Christian (Tenn.)
- Jay Stocker, four stars, Coatesville Area (Pa.)
- Ben Edwards, three stars, Trinity Christian Academy (Fla.)
- Ayron Monroe, three stars, St. John's College (D.C.)
- AJ Turner, unrated, Centreville (Va.)
- Garrett Taylor, four stars, St. Christopher's School (Va.)
- Jaason Lewis, three stars, Ocean Lakes (Va.)