There's a new possible target in the 2014 basketball class -- yep, 2014 -- and it's JuCo forward Jordan Goodman.
Maryland Offer Me. Ima Commit Asap— YSLHyenas (@BeenGettinChose) January 26, 2014
Outa All These Ranked Schools n High Name Coaches On My Line. Im Still Stuck On Umd— YSLHyenas (@BeenGettinChose) January 26, 2014
We talked with Goodman about his recruitment, and he said while Maryland has not offered him yet, he is talking to a coach on the staff and that it's always been his dream to go to the school and represent his home state.
He's currently at Harcum College, where he's averaging 18.9 points and 5.0 rebounds per game, but there is a catch -- he takes a lot of threes and makes just 32.2% of them. Maryland already has one (arguably two) stretch fours on the roster, so if they decided to offer him, we'll have to see if anything changes in how the three of them play.
Goodman is listed at 6'8" and 190 pounds, and was a three-star prospect out of high school who played for DC Assault.
Obviously, the bigger question is where Maryland can find room for him -- their scholarship allocation is all full for next year. This could just be a precaution, preparing for someone like Dez Wells or Jake Layman curiously going pro, or they could be aware of a transfer at the end of the year.
Three-star 2016 shooting guard Curtis Jones took another visit to Maryland this weekend.
2015 center target Georgios Papagiannis has received a rating, finally, and he's a high three-star. Expect that to rise.
Five-star 2014 target Damian Prince, likely the only target left in the class for the Terps, visited College Park for the basketball game against Pittsburgh and will not take an official visit to Penn State. He will be taking an official to Florida this weekend, and will decide on Signing Day, Feburary 5.
The Terps picked up two new commitments this past weekend -- Virginia cornerback Daniel Ezeagwu and Baltimore outside linebacker Nnamdi Egbuaba (whose film we studied). The two also picked up three-star ratings -- Ezeagwu's slightly higher than Egbuaba's, and look to be solid late pickups.
2015 offensive guard commit E.J. Donahue was visited in-home by West Virginia.
The Terps have extended a new 2015 offer, to high three-star Virginia outside linebacker/running back Chad Smith, who holds an offer from Virginia Tech, among others.
John Dunn took an in-home visit to 2015 lineman Knikeem Lewis, from New Jersey.
Keith Dudzinski was one of a number of coaches to visit three-star 2015 tight end Chris Clark, from Connecticut.
2015 outside linebacker Kareem McDonald, from DC, also visited the Terps.
New offensive line coach Greg Studrawa took an in-home visit to 2015 Glenelg guard David Robbins.
Four-star 2015 defensive tackle Adam McLean received an offer from South Carolina.
Four-star 2015 cornerback target Kareem Ali received an offer from Purdue.
- Maryland recruiting: Studying the film of new OLB commit Nnamdi Egbuaba
- Maryland Minute 1.29.14: Ralph Friedgen hired as Rutgers offensive coordinator
- Maryland basketball recruiting: On the trail with Romelo Trimble
- Maryland football recruiting: Daniel Ezeagwu commits to the Terps
- Maryland football recruiting: Jared Cohen commits to North Carolina
2014 Big Board (Basketball):
- Melo Trimble, four stars, point guard, Bishop O'Connell (Va.) - committed 12/13/12
- Dion Wiley, four stars, shooting guard, Potomac (Md.) - committed 6/7/13
- Jared Nickens, four stars, shooting guard, Westtown (Pa.) - committed 6/16/13
- Trayvon Reed, four stars, center, Shiloh (Ga.) - committed 8/22/13
2015 Big Board (Basketball):
- Franklin Howard, four stars, Paul VI Catholic (Va.)
- Donovan Mitchell, three stars, Brewster Academy (N.H.)
- Jaylen Brown, five stars, Wheeler (Ga.)
- Marcus Sheffield, four stars, Chattahoochee (Ga.)
- Jordan Murphy, unrated, William J. Brennan (Texas)
- Cheick Diallo, five stars, Our Savior New American School (N.Y.)
- Carlton Bragg, five stars, Villa Angela-St. Joseph (Ohio)
- Horace Spencer, four stars, Henderson (Nev.)
- Alex Owens, four stars, Oak Ridge (Fla.)
- Josh Sharma, four stars, Northfield Mount Hernon (Mass.)
- Jeremy Miller, four stars, New Hampton School (N.H.)
- Shawntrez Davis, three stars, Tri-cities (Ga.)
- Esa Ahmad, three stars, Shaker Heights (Ohio)
- Sylvester Ogbonda, unrated, National Christian Academy (Md.)
2014 Big Board (Football):
- Phillip Butler, two stars, Linganore (Md.)
- Derwin Gray, four stars, Fork Union (Va.) - committed 6/15/12
- Larry Mazyck, three stars, Iowa Western C.C. (Ia.) - committed 8/25/13
- Sean Christie, three stars, Patchogue-Medford (N.Y.) - committed 12/15/13
- Damian Prince, five stars, Bishop McNamara (Md.)
- Andrew Miles, unrated, Flowery Branch (Ga.)
- Jesse Aniebonam, four stars, Good Counsel (Md.) - committed 8/23/13
- Tyler Burke, three stars, Coatesville Area (Pa.) - committed 6/25/13
- Brett Kulka, two stars, General Mclane (Pa.) - committed 6/24/13
- Josh Woods, three stars, Owings Mills (Md.) -- committed 11/18/13
- Jordan Noil, three stars, Norcross (Ga.) -- committed 10/1/13
- Demetrius Johnson, four stars, Annapolis Christian Academy (Md.)
2015 Big Board (Football):
- Kai Locksley, four stars, Gilman (Md.)
- Brandon Wimbush, four stars, St. Peters Prep (N.J.)
- Kamonte Carter, four stars, Gaithersburg (Md.)
- Andre Robinson, four stars, Bishop McDevitt (Pa.)
- Johnathan Sutton, four stars, Swansea (S.C.)
- Javarius Davis, three stars, Ed White (Fla.)
- Brandon Polk, four stars, Briar Woods (Va.)
- Jabari Greenwood, three stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Tavin Richardson, three stars, Byrnes (S.C.)
- JF Thomas, unrated, South Oak Cliff (Texas)
- Devin Phelps, unrated, St. Frances Academy (Md.)
- Tyler Green, four stars, DeMatha (Md.)
- Isaiah Prince, four stars, Eleanor Roosevelt (Md.)
- Ryan Bates, four stars, Archbishop Wood (Md.)
- Austin Clark, four stars, Rockbridge County (Va.)
- E.J. Donahue, three stars, Linganore (Md.) -- committed 10/26/13
- Matthew Burrell, four stars, C.D. Hylton (Va.)
- Richie Petitbon, four stars, Gonzaga (D.C.)
- Kendrick Norton, four stars, Trinity Christian Academy (Fla.)
- Quarvez Boulware, four stars, Friendship Academy (D.C.)
- Josh Sweat, four stars, Oscar Smith (Va.)
- Harry Lewis, four stars, Phoebus (Va.)
- Ryan Buchholz, unrated, Great Valley (Pa.)
- Christian Wilkins, four stars, Suffield Academy (Conn.)
- Adam McLean, four stars, Quince Orchard (Md.)
- Darvin Taylor, four stars, Thomas Dale (Va.)
- Chance Hall, three stars, Northside (Va.)
- Jeffery Holland, five stars, Trinity Christian Academy (Fla.)
- Chad Smith, three stars, Dominion (Va.)
- Wyatt Cook, three stars, McDonogh School (Md.)
- Minkah Fitzpatrick, five stars, St. Peters Prep (N.J.)
- John Reid, four stars, St. Joseph's Prep (Pa.)
- Jalen Christian, four stars, Damascus (Md.)
- Kareem Ali, four stars, Timber Creek (N.J.)
- Dionte Austin, four stars, Calvert Hall College (Md.)
- Darnell Savage, three stars, Caravel Academy (Del.)
- Maurice Smitherman, three stars, Minor (Ala.)
- DuWayne Johnson, three stars, H.D. Woodson (D.C.)
- Elias Cane, unrated, Ezell-Harding Christian (Tenn.)
- Jamile Johnson, four stars, South Oak Cliff (Texas)
- Ben Edwards, three stars, Trinity Christian Academy (Fla.)
- Jay Stocker, three stars, Coatesville Area (Pa.)
- Prentice McKinney, three stars, South Oak Cliff (Texas)
- Ayron Monroe, three stars, St. John's College (D.C.)
- AJ Turner, unrated, Centreville (Va.)