So it wasn't the worst week the ACC has ever seen! #goacc
The top two teams in the league are probably easy to guess. I saw someone on twitter say the ACC Championship game should already have the line set at 20. I say, why so low? Yikes.
1. Clemson - They were the highest ranked team heading in to the weekend and beat the best team. Yeah, you're staying here until you lose that bizarre game you shouldn't, Dabo.
2. Florida State - A freshman QB has a huge night on the road, so there's no shame in finishing second this week. Jameis Winston misfired on two passes (25-of-27 for 356 yards) in his debut, that's not bad.
4. Georgia Tech - Elon is no Cumberland College, but not a bad opening showing from Paul Johnson's men. Also, looking at the box score it dawned on me that Tyler Smith isn't on the roster for Elon.
5. Maryland - I still think this ranking will upset fans. The offense is real, but everyone thought that after the first game in 2011, too. I'm just asking for patience, that's all.
6. Virginia Tech - We all knew what the outcome was going to be, but I was surprised the game was 14-7 after the first quarter. I, however, was not surprised Logan Thomas had a rough game and neither were you.
7. NC State - Dave Doeren did not have a terrible debut. There's a Tom O'Brien joke here somewhere.
8. North Carolina - The biggest storyline out of the game was Jadeveon Clowney's bad game, so I think we can all agree it could have been worse.
9. Virginia - It could have been a lot worse for Mike London. So he scheduled Oregon next week. Good luck.
10. Duke - "An FCS opponent doesn't hurt the RPI right?" - said an actual Duke fan I'm "friends" with.
11. Wake Forest - Trailing after the first quarter against Presbyterian can just be chalked up to being rusty.
12. Boston College - Alex Amidon gave me a ton of fantasy points, just like their defense gave a ton of yards to Villanova.
13. Pittsburgh - Welcome to the ACC, Panthers! Face the reigning champs in the opener and have all your fans leave at the half. Off to a good start.
14. Syracuse - Pitt got the benefit of the doubt for facing a top-15 team. Unfortunately, Syracuse doesn't get that benefit as they faced Penn State.
What do you think about the rankings? Fair? Unfair? Sound off below in the comments.