You want to talk about a couple of terrible days as far as sports go, the Maryland Terrapins have got you covered. Let's go through the timeline:
- Friday: Randy Shannon, Maryland "drawing closer." Fans start up with Superman-pose Photoshops. Imaginations run wild.
- Saturday: Maryland loses a near must-win at Boston College, giving up a career-high 31 points to Reggie Jackson in the process.
- Sunday: Things are quiet.
- Monday: Still pretty quiet, though at this point people start wondering what's up with Shannon.
- Tuesday Morning: Shannon turns down Maryland. Minds explode.
- Tuesday Night: Maryland drops a must-win at Virginia Tech, finishing the game allowing a 9-0 VT run. Adrian Bowie, Cliff Tucker, and Sean Mosley combine for two points in the second half. Their tournament hopes rest almost solely now in making a run in the ACCT.
Yeah, pretty terrible. But if you had pick one shining beacon of Maryland athletics in the past five years, who would it be? Greivis Vasquez, of course. And somehow, it's Vasquez who's here to save the day: Maryland will be honoring his jersey on Sunday when the Terrapins take on N.C. State. He's not suiting up, but it gives us a legitimate reason to remember the good ol' days, other than just for reminscing's sake. If there was ever a day we needed to run through the great moments of Greivis' career, it's pretty obviously today.
So, without further ado, the Greivis Vasquez YouTube Compendium of Happiness:
Feel better? I do.