Maryland lost, but at least it's time for week two of the Blog Poll! I'll be posting thoughts below the jump, and you can tell me what you think of my awful poll in the comments. With no further ado:
|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Oregon (#12).
- My top three remained exactly the same, as they should've. They all went out and took care of business with ease.
- Oklahoma State and Penn State might seem a bit high, but both dealt with DI opponents easily. That's more than can be said for most others.
- Ohio State and LSU pulled out wins, yes, but they were very unimpressive in them. That's why they dropped a few spots.
- Notre Dame might seem too high, but I'm not going Dr. Lou on you. Maryland fans know how hard it is to beat Nevada, and the Golden Domers did it with ease. The performance was dominant, and deserves props.
- I didn't want to drop Florida State because they haven't played yet (quoth Charlie Weis, "They were at home eating cheeseburgers"), but some teams I had doubts about proved to me that they could play. Unfortunately, the 'Noles received the short end of the stick and got jumped.
- Tennessee won the final ballot spot, edging out Missouri, Oregon, Michigan State, and Pitt. The Vols walked all over a DI opponent, and none of the others won with that much ease. Plus, I have Jonathan Crompton on my fantasy team.
- Yes, Oregon is all the way out of the poll. Besides playing poorly against Boise State, they have to play the rest of the year without 1000 yard rusher and Ron Artest wannabe LeGarrette Blount.
Any qualms? Let me know and I'll add my half-baked reasoning to the list.