I am not happy with yesterday's football. Not at all.
|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Southern Cal (#18), Houston (#19), Utah (#20), California (#22).
- Alabama at 1 was a no-brainer. They'll run through whoever gets to the national championship game. It won't even be close. I welcome our new Tuscaloosan overlords.
- Wha? Texas at 3? Yes, if you watched that game and felt that Texas could take on Alabama I don't know what to say to you. I was wrong about Nebraska, but Alabama will destroy them. A last-second FG off the luck of the ball sinking a half-second early isn't enough for me to jump them above a team that hasn't been challenged once this year.
- Boise State jumps Cincy for the same reason. Maybe it's just because I'm feeling bitter, but Cincy was a missed XP away from overtime, and possibly a loss. Boise State thrashed whoever they played. Quality opponent or not, I'm a BSU fan right now.
- Florida stays above Oregon. If it wasn't for the overly protective Rose Bowl, that game would be amazing.
- I can't really qualify why Penn State got jumped by a few times but Iowa stayed put. I guess I just have to say that Iowa beat PSU, and I have a feeling it would happen again if they went head-to-head (obviously they wouldn't, but whatever).
- Props to Nebraska for the Texas game. Blew away my expectations.