You know the drill:
|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Texas Tech (#17), Georgia (#22), Boston College (#24).
- Lots of little reorders this week. For the next several weeks, expect one, two, and three to change after each game. The three are too close to call.
- USC is still above of LSU and Iowa because, at the moment, I think USC would beat either team, despite looking pretty shoddy against Oregon State, which is the reason for their drop. Besides, their only loss came without their starting QB.
- I've been wanting to stick Navy in the top 25 for weeks. They finally got a solid win to let me do it.
- Cal finally makes their way back after an easy win. They deserve it; they've only lost to two top 10 teams, albeit by large margins.
- Why'd Georgia drop out after a bye week? Simple. In a week's time, I re-evaluated their status, and realized they were probably about two spots too high. That means they were 24. Both Navy and Cal earned their way into the top 25, and without a game for Georgia to answer, they got bumped. They are number 26 right now, though.