Maryland lost, but the college football world kept on spinning. Here's our ballot for who should be where in the top 25. And yes, a lot of the stuff doesn't make sense.
|Last week's ballot|
Dropped Out: Oklahoma (#15), Nebraska (#16), Kansas (#19), South Florida (#22), Notre Dame (#23).
Here's the reasoning:
- Florida looked terrible against Arkansas. Alabama didn't look terrible against South Carolina. Ergo, Alabama takes over the top spot.
- I really didn't want to keep Texas in at #3, but they're still undefeated and still won.
- I'm holding putting off Cincy in the top four spots until after they play West Virginia, unless somebody above them makes a mistake.
- On Texas Tech: told you so.
- This entire thing falls apart at about 18.
- Pitt and WVU make their debuts, while Georgia returns. Pitt only has one loss; same for West Virginia.
- Boston College isn't a top 25 caliber team, but neither are half the teams in the top 25.
- I'm so torn on Oklahoma. They should be so good, but they've done nothing - literally - against any decent team. Same with Kansas. Right now, they're out.