Maryland takes on Florida State for the final time as conference foes today, hoping to avenge an earlier loss to the Noles a few weeks ago. Maryland has mostly dominated the series, owning a 29-14 record against the Noles, including a 7-1 mark at the Comcast Center. The series began in 1992, the year FSU joined the ACC. Florida State beat Maryland at Cole Field House in their first match up.
Maryland has always been expected to win against Florida State in basketball, much like Florida State has always expected to beat Maryland in football. But there have been times when Maryland has lost some tough games to Florida State, like in 2001 at Cole. But that game arguably sparked Maryland's run to the Final Four that year and eventually the National Title a year later.
It appears Florida State will be without Ian Miller, which should be a huge benefit to Maryland. Additionally, Charles Mitchell will again get the starting nod over Shaq Cleare and Jon Graham, mostly because of his rebounding ability.
Who do you like today? Can Maryland rebound from their loss to UNC? Let us know below.
- Could Dalonte Hill start DC Assault back up again?
- Maryland vs. Florida State: Game time, TV schedule, live radio streaming, odds and more
- Maryland-Florida State preview: Terps hoping for revenge win against Noles
- Staff Roundtable: National Signing Day reactions and Florida State predictions
- Maryland Stock Report: The highs and lows of being a Maryland fan