It looks like real names are starting to pop up in the search for a new offensive line coach, if this report is to be believed.
Former USC and NFL OL coach Dave DeGuglielmo will interview Tuesday for OL job at Maryland. Terps let OL coach Tom Brattan go this week.— SportsTalk (@sportstalksc) January 5, 2014
So who is Dave DeGuglielmo? According to his very short Wiki page DeGuglielmo was born and raised in Massachusetts. He played his college ball at Boston University and coached the O-line at BU, UCONN (for the two years before Edsall got there), South Carolina, the New York Giants, the Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets.
Seems like this would be a quality hire. Here is more on the potential future Terp coach.
The story of Dave DeGuglielmo's departure from the Jets.
DeGuglielmo apparently had a strained relationship with the New York Media. Thus ends our deep dive into Dave DeGuglielmo news.
In non-DeGuglielmo news (I like typing DeGuglielmo).
Prewitt breaks down film from the Pitt game. Spoiler: Maryland's defense was not very good.
If you care about the James Franklin to Penn State Saga this will interest you. Techincally, James Franklin is still Vanderbilt's coach because Penn State has some I's to dot and T's to cross. In the meantime, it's conceivable, though not probable, a deal in principle could come undone.
- Women's basketball moves to 2-0 in ACC play with 76-49 win over Wake Forest
- Maryland men's lacrosse schedule features seven ranked foes
- Maryland recruiting roundup: Damian Prince to announce on National Signing Day
- Maryland Minute - 1.09.13 - Lee Hull takes head coaching job at Morgan State
- Maryland Stock Report: Seth Allen's stock soaring after his return