After a dramatic 2-1 victory over Virginia in the College Cup semifinals, Maryland faces off against brief ACC rival Notre Dame in the finals. The Terrapins are searching for their fourth national title in school history, and will have plenty of eyes watching on national television. You can re-live the win over the Cavaliers here and read Todd's excellent dispatch from the game here.
The Terps and the Irish shared the ACC regular season title, and it should be a tight game between two excellent teams. Patrick Mullins may very well be the best player in the nation, and Zack Steffen is one of the most talented goalkeepers to come through a Terrapin program that has had a number of stars at the position. This will be Maryland's first appearance in a title game since 2008 -- also the last time they won.
How to witness
Time & Location: 3 p.m. ET, PPL Park, Philadelphia
Online streaming: WatchESPN
- Maryland women roll past Delaware State 93-44
- Maryland-Florida Atlantic result: Terps survive scare, ride strong interior presence, 22 Layman points to win
- College Cup 2013: Maryland - Notre Dame Championship Preview
- College Cup 2013: Maryland advances 2-1 over Virginia
- College Cup 2013: Maryland vs. Virginia highlights