The ACC had another banner weekend, two big upsets and one embarrassing blowout.
1. Clemson (1) -- 5-0 (3-0 in ACC) -- Last Week: 49-14 win over Syracuse
Tajh Boyd must have seen what wee baby Jameis did and played the ol' "Anything you can do, I can do better" game. Syracuse never posed a threat to the Tigers and the Tigers get one final tuneup before facing Florida State.
Clemson faces Maryland on October 26th in College Park.
2. Florida State (2) -- 5-0 (3-0 in ACC) -- Last Week: 63-0 win over Maryland
Yeah, we know what they did last week.
Pummeled Maryland 63-0 on October 5th.
3. Miami (3) -- 5-0 (1-0 in ACC) -- Last Week: 45-30 win over Georgia Tech
Duke Johnson went off and Miami used that to recover from a slow start. After falling behind 17-7, Miami used a 35-16 run to defeat Georgia Tech.
4. Virginia Tech (5) -- 5-1 (2-0 in ACC) -- Last Week: 27-17 win over UNC
The Hokies got their best game of the season from QB Logan Thomas, who passed for 293 yards and three touchdowns. Unfortunately, their run game couldn't get anything going -- averaging under two yards per carry. The defense continues to hold up it's end of the bargain.
Maryland heads to Lane Stadium on November 16th.
5. Maryland (4) -- 4-1 (0-1 in ACC) -- Last Week: 63-0 loss at Florida State
We know what happened here. We potentially find out on Thursday if C.J. Brown is good to go after the illegal hit he took.
6. Georgia Tech (6) -- 3-2 (2-2 in ACC) -- Last Week: 45-30 loss to Miami
It feels like Georgia Tech should drop in the rankings, but it's tough with everyone behind them. They were able to run on Miami, but their defense nearly doubled their points allowed on the season in one game.
7. Pittsburgh (8) -- 3-1 (2-1 in ACC) -- Last Week: Bye
The Panthers are the beneficiary of the bye week. Also, I'm beginning to seriously think there's something to that first week loss. I should probably stop punishing them for it. Eh, maybe next week.
8. Boston College (9) -- 3-2 (1-1 in ACC) -- Last Week: 48-27 win over Army
BC managed to avoid an out of conference loss and Chase Rettig didn't even have to do much. Andre Williams powered BC to the win and racked up 263 yards and five touchdowns.
Maryland hosts Boston College on November 23rd.
9. Duke (10) -- 3-2 (0-2 in ACC) -- Last Week: Bye
Duke is another team that benefits from a bye (and a North Carolina State loss). You can't really move down if you don't play.
10. North Carolina State (7) -- 3-2 (0-2 in ACC) -- Last Week: 28-13 loss at Wake Forest
Two teams entered the game on Saturday, and one did this:
Maryland heads to NC State for their final game in the ACC on November 30th.
11. Syracuse (11) -- 2-3 (0-1 in ACC) -- Last Week: 49-14 loss to Clemson
There's no shame in losing big to Clemson, right? No, seriously, I'm asking for a friend... this is okay?
Maryland hosts Syracuse on November 9th.
12. Wake Forest (14) -- 3-3 (1-2 in ACC) -- Last Week: 28-13 win over NC State
Out of the basement? Out of the basement.
13. North Carolina (12) -- 1-4 (0-2 in ACC) -- Last Week: 27-17 loss to Virginia Tech
An ugly season continues to spiral out of control after a loss to the Hokies. Maybe with the return of QB Bryn Renner against Miami next week will help things get on track?
14. Virginia (13) -- 2-3 (0-1 in ACC) -- Last Week: 48-27 loss to Ball State.
Wait, Virginia lost by three touchdowns at home to Ball State?
Virginia travels to College Park this weekend -- 3:30 ET on ESPNU
- West Virginia felt the wrath of the Baylor offense as they fell 73-42.
- UConn were on bye last week after their loss to Buffalo the week before.
- Old Dominion squeaked by Liberty, 21-17.
- FIU got their first win of the season over Southern Miss, 24-23.
More gifs this week, just for you guys. Disagree with the rankings? Sound off in the comments!