So the top two teams in the ACC face-off this week, but looking back at last week, not a lot has changed.
1. Clemson (1) -- 6-0 (4-0 in the ACC) -- Last Week: 24-14 win over Boston College
Boston College tried playing spoiler again this week, but Clemson was ultimately too much. I think this is what is commonly referred to as a "trap game."
Clemson faces Maryland on October 26th in College Park.
2. Florida State (2) -- 5-0 (3-0) -- LW: Bye
Florida State had the week off to prepare for the monster showdown in Death Valley this weekend. Wee Baby Jameis™ and company could obviously use the extra time to prepare, who wouldn't want an extra week for your biggest conference game of the year?
Pummeled Maryland 63-0 on October 5th.
3. Miami (3) -- 5-0 (1-0) -- LW: Bye
The Canes had last week off, but have the Thursday night game this week against UNC. Virginia Tech didn't do enough to pass the Canes.
4. Virginia Tech (4) -- 6-1 (3-0) -- LW: 19-9 win over Pittsburgh
The defense again carried the Hokies to a win. It feels like every week we harp on the running game and how it doesn't perform. Shocker, it didn't perform again and Logan Thomas had another mediocre performance.
Maryland heads to Lane Stadium on November 16th.
5. Maryland (5) -- 5-1 (1-1) -- LW: 27-26 win over Virginia
Using their backup quarterback and went down to their third-strong OLB, the Terps couldn't contain UVA TE Jake McGee, but held on for the win. Maryland needed to rebound after the embarrassing loss to Florida State, and while it wasn't pretty, it was still a win.
6. Duke (9) -- 4-2 (0-2) -- LW: 35-7 win over Navy
If you have an argument better than "they won while everyone else lost" as to who should be at number six, I'm all ears. Seriously.
7. Pittsburgh (7) -- 3-2 (2-2) -- LW: 19-9 loss to Virginia Tech
Their two losses are to two of the best four teams in the conference. The Panthers probably are the seventh-best team in the conference, but it also helps that everyone else keeps losing.
8. Georgia Tech (6) -- 3-3 (2-2) -- LW: 38-20 loss to BYU
Tech struggled offensively against BYU, and Vad Lee really struggled. Lee's struggles have coincided with Georgia Tech's struggles.
9. Boston College (8) -- 3-3 (1-2) -- LW: 24-14 loss to Clemson
There's not a ton of shame in losing to Clemson. They've now played both of the top teams in the conference pretty well, and while they didn't pull off the upset, there are definitely some positives (WR Alex Amidon) to look at moving forward. Moving forward the Eagles might pull off some surprises.
Maryland hosts Boston College on November 23rd.
10. Syracuse (11) -- 3-3 (1-1) -- LW: 24-10 win over NC State
Wait, Syracuse beat NC State on the road?
Maryland hosts Syracuse on November 9th.
11. Wake Forest (12) -- 3-3 (1-2) -- LW: Bye
Wake Forest had a bye last week and got to prepare for Maryland, but which Terps offense will they see? Will they see the dynamic offense led by C.J. Brown or the inconsistent offense led by Caleb Rowe? We'll find out later this week.
Wake Forest will host Maryland this weekend -- 3:30 on ESPNU
12. North Carolina State (10) -- 3-3 (0-3) -- LW: 24-10 loss to Syracuse
I'll let Benedict Cumberbatch describe NC State's last two weeks...
Maryland heads to NC State for their final game in the ACC on November 30th.
13. North Carolina (13) -- 1-4 (0-2) -- LW: Bye
Hopefully the bye week helps turn around the Tar Heels season because this is getting tough to watch.
14. Virginia (14) -- 2-4 (0-2) -- LW: 27-26 loss to Maryland
Everyone's reaction throughout the final missed field goal:
Maryland defeated Virginia 27-26 this past weekend.
- Florida International couldn't string together back-to-back wins as they fell 27-24 to UAB.
- Old Dominion had a bye last week and face Pittsburgh this weekend.
- UConn hit another new low this week falling 13-10 to USF.
- West Virginia had a bye last week and face undefeated Texas Tech this week.