It pretty much felt like being s*** on over and over.
Top ten worst parts of the student experience for the Duke game:
10. The long, cold wait outside. Unlike the others, this one is no ones fault.
9. The tough loss. The team's fault... the crowd did the best they could. Gary said so
8. Dave Neal's extremely lame pep rally, which consisted of $5 gift certificates and cookie competitions. It also lasted 1 hour out of the 4 hours wait between entry time and the game.
7. Being lectured to by two members of the football team about sportsmanship
6. Being lectured to by SGA president Steve Glickman about sportsmanship
5. Steve Glickman promising at the pep rally that he brought back Rock and Roll Part II, the band actually playing it then, and then not doing so at gametime
4. Being lectured to by Gary about sportsmanship (bonus- Gary actually said the words "Fuck Duke" in succession)
3. Poorly managed entry procedures resulted in crush conditions at the student gate at entry time- many people just walked in without scanning their ticket to release the (literal physical and dangerous) pressure
2. Despite some groups waiting outside since 4 am, SGA members like Steve Glickman and groups of random "sportsmanship cheerleaders" got large reserved sections of prime student seating.
1. Having to sit in what was effectively designed as a drunk tank for almost 4 hours (student entry was at 5:15 and the wall was full by 5:30). Could not leave Comcast/ forced to eat expensive stadium food.
Well that sucked. It's okay though. We'll be back on Saturday, ready. Go Terps! Beat Wake Forest!
Student Pep Rally 4 Hours Before Gametime:
Bad idea (19 votes)
Terrible idea (23 votes)
Worst Idea ever (42 votes)
I idolize Dave Neal and Big Tigger and even I realize it sucked (34 votes)
118 total votes