I did not intend for this to be a New York dominated post, but three of the five bullets are about guys who reside in NY. I considered that enough for the title appendage. FWIW, I listened to Jay-Z while making this post to get in the NY state of mind.
- First up, the king of NYC basketball, Born Ready. Mr. Ready's decision should come soon, and even though I've kind of given up on him already, he's still considering the Terps (rumor is that Gary visited Brooklyn today). NBE Basketball report says that a source close to SJU's coaching staff said Lance is definitely going to SJU: "It's a done deal." I get the feeling that no one has the slightest idea, though.
- Five Boro Sports, the NYC hoops authority, named it's All-Brooklyn first team and player of the year. Of course, Stephenson took home the PoY award, but fellow Brooklyner and Terp commit James Padgett was also named to the first team.
- Get ready for some alliteration in this bullet: Top 2010 Terp target Tobias Harris is transferring from Long Island Lutheran High to his old school of Half Hollow Hills High. It probably has no bearing on the Terps' standing with him. He did trim his list to 11 the other day (the Terps made it).
- Okay, we are now done with New York high school basketball. Remember Tamir Goodman? Y'know, the "Jewish Jordan"? He committed to Maryland, but withdrew his commitment because he didn't want to play on the Sabbath. The Jewish Journal (LOL) has a nice little "where are they now" style post.
- Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington are both "undecided" as to whether or not they'll come out for the draft. They need to for two reasons: one, UNC doesn't need anther NCAA championship, and two, that's two more players that'd go in front of Greivis. The more people that come out this year, the better the chance he comes back for one more year.