Again, very slow day in Terpville. (Yes, there is a Terpville. And yes, it's glorious.) However, an alumnus and a rival both made some news.
First up, Lamont Jordan. Lamont was cut by the Raiders yesterday. It's a shame, because Lamont has all the talent in the world, but it never really seemed to fully pan out. He's not a bust by any stretch of the imagination, but he could be much better. Anyway, he ended up at the Patriots workout facility sometime today, and now he's a Pat. I doubt he'll get a lot of PT with Maroney and Sammy Morris, but it's good to see him on a team.
Second, another Penn State player pled guilty to a criminal charge. This time, it's Chris Bell, a former WR for PSU, who pled guilty to a terroristic threat that he committed in April. Shockingly, a terroristic threat is a misdemeanor, and he'll only serve two years of probation. I've begun digging around, because arrests at Penn State are seemingly becoming an everyday thing. Here's a list of all of them since 2002, found via happyhourvalley.wordpress.com. Don't know where he got it from. Check it out after the jump. 61 players!
PENN STATE PLAYERS ARRESTED SINCE 2002
1. Maurice Humphrey - Arrest, Assault & Prison - Guilty
2. Maurice Humphrey - Probation Violation - Guilty
3. Maurice Humphrey - Fake ID Probation Violation - Guilty
4. Tyler Reed - Drunk in Public Summary Charge - Guilty
5. Andrew Richardson - Drunk in Public Summary Charge - Guilty
6. Rashard Casey - Arrest, Assault, - Dismissed
7. Anwar Phillips - Arrest, Assault, - Dismissed
8. T.C. Cosby - Arrest, Assault, - Acquitted
9. Michael Robinson - Ice-Rink Fight - Summary Charge
10. Lavon Chisley - Arrest, Sexual Assault, - Dismissed
11. Paul Jefferson - Drunk In Public Summary Charge - Guilty
12. Ed Johnson - Ice-rink fight Summary Charge - Guilty
13. Matthew Rice - Ice-rink fight - Summary Charge - Guilty
14. John Bronson, Arrest, Assault - Dismissed
15. Jeremy Kapinos - Drunk in public - Summary Charge
16. Tom McHugh - Hitting a woman - Summary Charge
17. Tony Johnson - Arrest, DUI - Guilty
18. Richard Cheek - Arrest, Stolen Credit Card - Guilty
19. Yaacov Yisreal - DUI - Guilty
20. Dan Drogan - DUI Leaving Accident - Guilty
21. Dethrell Garcia - DUI - Guilty
22. Scott Paxson - Criminal Mischief, Summary Charge - Guilty
23. E.Z. Smith - Drunk in public - Summary Charge - Guilty
24. R.J. Luke - Arrest Assault - Acquitted
25. Damone Jones - Unknown Charges - Dismissed From School
26. Mike Sothern - Terroristic Disorderly Criminal Mischief - Guilty
27. Mike Sothern - Criminal Mischief Expelled - Guilty
28. EZ Smith - Criminal Mischief Summary Charge - Guilty
29. Scott Paxson - Criminal Mischief Summary Charge - Guilty
30. Tyler Reed - Criminal Mischief Summary Charge - Guilty
31. Andrew Richardson - Criminal Mischief Summary Charge - Guilty
32. Ed Johnson - Sexual Misconduct Arrest - Guilty
34. Dan Connor - Criminal Mischief Phone Summary Charge - Guilty
35. Nolan MCready - Criminal Mischief Phone Summary Charge - Guilty
36. Jim Kanuch - Criminal Mischief Summary Phone Charge - Guilty
37. Paul Cronin - Drunk In Public Summary Charge - Guilty
38. Scott Paxson - Sexual Assault & Aggravated Indecent Charge - Guilty
39. Francis Claude - Arrest At Bar Disorderly Conduct - Guilty
40. Ed Johnson - Failed Drug Test Condition of Parole - Guilty
41. Lavon Chisley - Murder Charge - Guilty Life Sentence
42. Anthony P. Scirrotto - Burglary, criminal trespass, criminal solicitation, simple assault, harassment. - Trial Pending
43. Chris I. Baker - Burglary, criminal trespass criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, harassment.
44. Jerome A. Hayes - Criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, harassment. - Dismissed
45. Justin King - Criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, harassment. - Dismissed
46. Tyrell A. Sales - Criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, harassment - Dismissed
47. Lydell R. Sargeant - Criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, harassment - Dismissed
48. Andrew Quarless - Underage Drinking - Guilty
49. Willie Harriot - Underage Drinking - Guilty
50. Austin Scott - Rape, Drugs - Trial
51. Joe Suhey - Underage Drinking - Guilty
52. Ryan Breen - Underage Drinking - Guilty,
53. Joe Paterno - Road Rage - No Charges
54. Chris Baker - Felony aggravated assault, simple assault, disorderly conduct, summary harassment and stalking, - Pending.
55. Navarro Bowman - Felony aggravated assault, simple assault, disorderly conduct, summary harassment and stalking, - Pending.
56. Knowledge Timmons - Disorderly conduct and defiant trespass - Pending
57. Tyrell Sales – Under age drinking 2008 - Pending
58. Chris Bell Dismissed from the team off the field issues and academics
59. Phillip Taylor Dismissed from the team off the field issues and academics
60. Andrew Quarless Suspended, charged with DUI.
61. Chris Bell Dismissed from the team for threatening a teammate with a knife in team dining room.
Maybe we should email this to Jelani Jenkins and Tavon Austin's parents? Just an idea. Anybody know their address?